Some familiar faces from the cigar industry are going online to discuss cigar legislation and recent court victories at a virtual town hall hosted by the Premium Cigar Association and Cigar Rights of America on September 29 at 7 p.m EDT.
Due to greater than anticipated interest, the organizations have changed plans, opting instead to stream the event live on PCA and CRA’s Facebook pages and PCA’s YouTube page.
The featured speakers include:
- Carlos Fuente Jr., owner of Arturo Fuente Cigars
- Jorge Padrón, owner of Padrón Cigars
- Rocky Patel, owner of Rocky Patel Premium Cigars
- Craig Cass, owner of the Tinder Box chain of cigar stores in the Carolinas
- Michael Edney, legal counsel for the CRA and PCA
- Joshua Habursky, PCA director of federal affairs
- Mike Copperman, CRA legislative director
- Greg Zimmerman, owner of The Tobacco Company
- John Anderson, owner of W. Curtis Draper Tobacconist
- Scott Regina, owner of Emerson’s Cigars
The speakers will talk about the recent court decision to strike down the deadline for Substantial Equivalence, a key FDA product approval.
In addition to discussing recent legislative happenings, the speakers also plan to cover future strategies and to explore ways to increase cooperation between retailers and manufacturers to ensure future growth and success.