Davidoff of Geneva is releasing nine new cigars in the United States, but they’ll only be available in small quantities. The Swiss cigar company is introducing its new Small Batch series, a collection of limited-run cigars made with different tobacco blends. The cigars are expensive—they sell for $32 to $38 each, before taxes—and two of the cigars (Small Batch No. 1 and No. 2) have already shipped to retailers, while the remaining seven are heading to cigar shops next week.
According to Davidoff, each Small Batch blend will be released in different quantities.
“These blends are very limited, however the quantities are varied. The range can be as little as 1,140 cigars to as large as 16,000 cigars,” Lana Fraser, director and head of marketing for Davidoff of Geneva Americas told Cigar Aficionado.
Each Small Batch cigar is named after a number, and comes packaged in paper bundles of five or ten cigars. The nine cigars are as follows:
- Small Batch No. 1: A Robusto measuring 5 1/2 inches by 52 ring gauge that’s rolled with an Ecuadoran wrapper, Dominican binder and filler leaf from Honduras and the Dominican Republic. The cigar is priced at $35.
- Small Batch No. 2: A 6 by 54 Toro made with an all-Dominican blend. Each cigar retails for $38.
- Small Batch No. 3: This 5 1/2 by 50 Robusto is draped in an Ecuadoran cover leaf and contains a Mexican binder and filler from the Dominican Republic. It’s priced at $35.
- Small Batch No. 4: A Robusto measuring 5 1/2 by 52 that's made with an Ecuadoran wrapper and binder and filler tobacco from the Dominican Republic. The cigar retails for $35.
- Small Batch No. 7: Measuring 6 by 55, this Toro ($38) is wrapped in a cover leaf from Ecuador over Dominican binder and filler.
- Small Batch No. 8: A 5 1/2 by 46 Corona Extra ($32) rolled with with an Ecuadoran wrapper, Dominican binder, and filler from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
- Small Batch No. 11: Another 5 1/2-by-52 Robusto ($36). It’s a three-country blend made with a wrapper from Ecuador, a Dominican binder and filler from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
- Small Batch No. 12: Enrobed in an Ecuadoran cover leaf, this 6 by 52 Belicoso contains binder and filler tobacco from the Dominican Republic. The figurado is priced at $34.
- Small Batch No. 16: A Dominican puro at 6 by 54 called Toro that retails for $38 (a different Dominican blend than Small Batch No. 2).
The entire Davidoff Small Batch series is rolled at the Cigars Davidoff factory in the Dominican Republic.