Cigar Aficionado is seeking an assistant editor/assistant web manager with web and magazine experience to join its New York City staff. Interest in cigars is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working on websites
- Experience writing and reporting at a professional level
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to multitask and produce clean copy on tight deadlines
- The ability to learn our house style of writing
- Experience working with content and image management systems a plus
- Ability to manage social media posts and maintain the brand's voice across our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
The assistant editor will help produce content for Cigar Aficionado’s website and e-newsletters, as well as the magazine proper, and assist with the day-to-day updates for www.cigaraficionado.com. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with a combination of short-term and long-lead deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have magazine experience, strong writing, reporting, web and editing skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure, the ability to work independently and as part of the small team that produces Cigar Aficionado. An interest in cigars (and knowledge of cigars) is a plus.
The job is based in New York City, in Cigar Aficionado’s Manhattan headquarters.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and any writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org