The Name Game: Collecting Signed First Editions
A Bibliophile's Tales of Collecting Signed First Editions
From the Print Edition:
Michael Richards, Sep/Oct 97
(continued from page 4)
* Book Collecting: A Comprehensive Guide by Allen and Patricia Ahearn (Putnam, 1995, 480 pages, $35)
* ABC for Book Collectors by John Carter (Oak Knoll Books, 1995, 224 pages, $25)
* Firsts (P.O. Box 65166, Tucson, Arizona 85728; 520/529-1355, fax: 520/529-5847; 11 issues a year--$40 subscription, also available in bookstores) Focuses on first editions.
* AB Bookman's Weekly (P.O. Box AB, Clifton, New Jersey 07015; 201/772-0020, fax: 201/772-9281; 48 issues a year--$125 subscription by first-class mail, $80 by bulk mail; foreign subscriptions available) A trade magazine with some articles of interest to collectors.
* Biblio (845 Willamette Street, Eugene, Oregon 97401; 800/840-3810, fax: 543/302/9872; 12 issues a year--$39.90 subscription, U.S.; $59.90, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, Caribbean; $69.90 elsewhere; also available in bookstores) Takes a broader approach to book collecting. Same publisher also puts out Mercator's World, for map collectors.
The Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America (ABAA) has a home page on the World Wide Web. The address is: http:www.abaa-booknet.com. In addition, some 62 book dealers have their own home pages and 225 other dealers have e-mail addresses.
You must be logged in to post a comment.