Monday, May 23, 2016
Friday, May 13, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Monday, April 18, 2016
- More from Cuba
More American Airports Can Now Fly to Cuba
Posted: March 9, 2011
It's getting easier to get to Cuba. Yesterday, United States Customs approved eight new airports for passenger flights between Cuba and the United States.
Airports in Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Tampa and San Juan, Puerto Rico, now join New York's JFK, Miami International and Los Angeles International as operating legal flights between the United States and Cuba. (See below)
This move comes after President Barack Obama's January announcement that his administration would ease U.S. travel restrictions to Cuba.
Any aircraft making the flight has to be authorized to travel between the U.S. and Cuba, and most Americans are still prohibited from traveling freely to Cuba. Journalists, medical professionals and those with family members in Cuba are among the Americans allowed to visit the island.
Airports Allowed to Fly U.S. To Cuba
- ATLANTA: Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
- BALTIMORE: Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), Maryland
- DALLAS: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
- NEW ORLEANS: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), Louisiana
- CHICAGO: Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
- NEW YORK: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
- LOS ANGELES: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), California
- MIAMI: Miami International Airport (MIA), Florida
- PITTSBURGH: Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), Pennsylvania
- SAN JUAN: Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU), Puerto Rico
- TAMPA: Tampa International Airport (TPA), Florida
Source: United States Customs
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Log in if you're already registered.
Search our database of more than 17,000 cigar tasting notes by score, brand, country, size, price range, year, wrapper and more, plus add your favorites to your Personal Humidor.