Subscribe to Cigar Aficionado and receive the digital edition of our Premier issue FREE!

Golf-graphic

All | Courses & Resorts | Golf with Marvin | People and Pros | Tools of the Trade

The Good Life : Golf

Callaway Razr Hawk & Taylormade R11

When I was a car-obsessed boy in the 1950s, each September brought growing excitement over the new models Detroit would introduce. Automakers would...more

Posted: June 1, 2011    By Gordon Mott

Garmin S1

If you have tired of fumbling around in your pocket or tugging at a plastic belt clip for the latest GPS-enabled golf device, Garmin has solved your...more

Posted: April 1, 2011    By Gordon Mott

Callaway FT-i Squareway Woods

I am far from being an authorized critic of golf equipment, but I do play a lot. I recently had the opportunity to try out the new square-headed...more

Posted: April 1, 2008    By Marvin R. Shanken

The Right Stick

For the first time in two decades, Robert Pedrero addresses the golf ball with complete confidence. Surprisingly, it was never his swing that worried...more

Posted: December 1, 2007    By Larry Olmsted

Antique Golf Clubs

What's the most you can pay for a golf club? Five hundred dollars? Double that if you order custom shafts from Japan. That price makes you a piker in...more

Posted: August 1, 2007    By Warren Kalbacker

Square Drivers

To swing the hottest drivers in the ever-evolving world of golf equipment, you need to be square—by wielding one of the new square-headed drivers,...more

Posted: June 1, 2007    By Gordon Mott / David Savona

Golf Course Cigar Holders

The time? Last autumn. The place? My local muni, a golf tract where I've spent many a morning and afternoon whacking balls into the woods instead of...more

Posted: June 1, 2007    By David Savona

Ecco Golf Shoes

Imagine you're the owner of a shoe company with a penchant for making comfortable kicks and you take up golf, only to discover that golf shoes are...more

Posted: February 1, 2007    By David Savona

TaylorMade Rescue Dual

If, as golf dogma attests, only God and Jack Nicklaus can hit a 1-iron, it follows that the 2-, 3- and 4-irons are only suited for angels and saints....more

Posted: April 1, 2006    By David Savona

Big Guns

A closer look at oversized drivers.

Posted: February 1, 2006    By Jeff Williams

Nike Ignite T60 3-Wood

You're lying one on a par 5 with 293 yards to the pin. You need 275 just to carry the bunker and you're trailing by one shot. What's your plan? You...more

Posted: August 1, 2005    By David Savona

Bills Khakis

So often when the sturdy classics of the age before things were created for instant disposability—the telephone built to last a lifetime, the...more

Posted: April 1, 2005    By Jack Bettridge

1 2 > »

FIND A RETAILER NEAR YOU

Search By: