Give a Cigar Aficionado subscription and we'll send you a Pocket Guide to Cuba FREE!

GOOD-LIFE-graphic

All | Cigars | Drink | Electronics | Fun | Gourmet | Places | Sport | Style | Time | Tools | Wheels

The Good Life : Good Life Guide

Soft-Shell Crabs

Summertime cooking has a unique set of demands: Whenever possible, cook outside. Take advantage of farmers’ markets for their bounty of lumpy...more

Posted: August 1, 2014    By Esther Mobley

Cooking with Whiskey

Many cooks can be found in the kitchen with a drink close at hand. Sometimes a recipe’s ingredients list even calls for a glug of wine or cup of...more

Posted: June 16, 2014    By Susannah Skiver Barton

Espresso Machines Go Small

Size matters. Smaller can be better. I’m talking about espresso machines. “I think it puts out a good little espresso,” says John Doherty of...more

Posted: June 1, 2014    By Alejandro Benes

Easy Espresso—Four Machines Make it Simple to DIY

If you buy your espresso drink every day at a coffee place on your way to work, you're probably spending at least $2 for a double espresso and more...more

Posted: April 28, 2014    By Alejandro Benes

Berkel Heritage Prosciutto Slicer

Cigar aficionados know some things are best when they’re handmade. I’m smoking one of them now! A handmade approach is especially important...more

Posted: February 1, 2014    By Alejandro Benes

Adventures in Pâté

If you imagine pâté to be a silky liver mousse, enriched by a lavish portion of foie gras, it might behoove you to know that not all pâtés fall...more

Posted: December 1, 2013    By Lizzie Munro

Sweetbreads

When I asked a friend if she’d ever had sweetbreads, she told me she’d once eaten pound cake. Alas, the reaction to sweetbreads is often...more

Posted: October 1, 2013    By Lizzie Munro

Smoking Ribs

Whole hog may be the big show and brisket is definitely the toughest to cook (in more ways than one). Drumsticks and pizza and seafood are fun. But...more

Posted: August 1, 2013    By Jack Bettridge

James Bond Shrimp

Moments after dispatching an encroaching thug in the film, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, James Bond, portrayed by George Lazenby, helps himself...more

Posted: June 1, 2013    By Lizzie Munro

Spring Lamb

Confusion might cloud the issue of what exactly a spring lamb is, but one thing is for sure: roasts that reach the tables of the season’s religious...more

Posted: April 1, 2013    By Lizzie Munro

Urban Cheese Caves

You think of cheese caves and what might come instantly to mind is an Alpine redoubt, with an affineur dutifully flipping, brushing, patting, washing...more

Posted: February 1, 2013    By Lizzie Munro

Cranberry Sauce

It’s no secret that much of the fare we enjoy at Thanksgiving was missing from the Pilgrims’ table. In fact, many of our favorite holiday...more

Posted: December 1, 2012    By Lizzie Munro

1 2 3 4 5 > »

FIND A RETAILER NEAR YOU

Search By: