Subscribe to Cigar Aficionado and receive the digital edition of our Premier issue FREE!

GOOD-LIFE-graphic

All | Cigars | Drink | Electronics | Fun | Gourmet | Places | Sport | Style | Time | Tools | Wheels

The Good Life : Good Life Guide

Ballyfin, Ireland

Guests make introductions and share stories of their travels over pre-dinner cocktails and canapés in the stately 79-foot-long library at Ballyfin,...more

Posted: August 1, 2014   

At.mosphere, Burj Khalifa, Dubai

Talk about a room with a view: At.mosphere offers a panorama of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, and the Persian Gulf which, on a clear day (and, in...more

Posted: June 16, 2014    By Marshall Fine

The Alpina Gstaad, Switzerland

Long popular with European aristocrats and other international royalty, Gstaad, with its four mountains is arguably the world’s most...more

Posted: December 1, 2013    By Larry Olmsted

Rudyard Kipling’s Vermont Jewel

For more than a century now, Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book, with its crackling tales of adventure and life lessons, featuring such indelible...more

Posted: April 1, 2013    By Marc Wortman

Brown+Hudson Bespoke Travel

Chile? The only thing I knew about that country was that it was the gateway to Easter Island. But what else to do once my cruise ended in...more

Posted: February 1, 2013    By Gerald Eskenazi

Hawks Cay

The Florida Keys long ago evolved from a sleepy stretch of islands connected by the Overseas Highway into a magnet for snowbirds, weekend fishermen...more

Posted: December 1, 2012    By Gaspar González

Trianon Palace Versailles

As symbols of over-the-top, Old World, royal living go it’s hard to top France’s Palace of Versailles, with its 2,300 art-filled rooms,...more

Posted: November 6, 2012    By Jack Bettridge

The Ranch at Rock Creek

Growing up in New Jersey, James Manley became infatuated with horses, guns and wide-open spaces by watching Westerns like “Bonanza” on...more

Posted: August 31, 2012    By Laurie Kahle

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris

Sipping a glass of Montrachet in Le Bar Long at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, I contemplate the romance of the City of Light when the hotel first...more

Posted: April 1, 2012    By Laurie Kahle

St. Regis, Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

Makai is Hawaiian for “towards the sea” and therein lays the beauty and the peril of this course. Hole 7, my favorite, is played over the ocean....more

Posted: February 1, 2012    By Alejandro Benes

Cell Phone Tour Guides

Wherever you wander, odds are you’re carrying a cell phone. Armed with the right apps, it can make your travel a richly rewarding experience,...more

Posted: December 1, 2011    By Steve Morgenstern

Omni Mount Washington

Sliding high above the treetops at 35 miles an hour on a 550-foot-long zip line, I take in the panoramic vista of the White Mountain National Forest...more

Posted: October 1, 2011    By Laurie Kahle

1 2 3 4 5 > »

FIND A RETAILER NEAR YOU

Search By: