Gordon Mott is a senior contributing editor for Cigar Aficionado and the magazine's former executive editor. He smoked his first cigar in Latin America, where he spent eight years with the Associated Press, Knight-Ridder and as a New York Times freelancer. He then moved to Paris, where he completed two unpublished novels and freelanced for several publications. Mott was with Newsweek before joining M. Shanken Communications, where he worked with Marvin R. Shanken on the development of Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Insider. He is a cum laude graduate of Harvard.
- The Buzz in Cuba (Mar 15, 2017)
- Trading Cigars (Mar 8, 2017)
- Nights in Havana (Mar 1, 2017)
- Remembering Fidel (Nov 29, 2016)
- What’s Happening in Cuba (Nov 4, 2016)
- Too Many Choices? (Oct 17, 2016)
- First Day Back in Cuba (Oct 11, 2016)
- Change in Cuba (Mar 21, 2016)
- A Cuban Marriage (Mar 3, 2016)
- Anticipation (Mar 2, 2016)
Search our database of more than 17,000 cigar tasting notes by score, brand, country, size, price range, year, wrapper and more, plus add your favorites to your Personal Humidor.